Ouch! That’s Going to leave a Mark!
If you traditionally have some extra time, challenge some of your teens or your team to create a seek and find style game for each week. The kids will love the opportunity to go on some treasure hunting of their own. If it’s nice enough outside, have a list of riddles and clues that get them to where their snack is hidden.
- Here is a great guide you can share with your team on how to make a super fun Treasure Hunt. http://www.mykidsadventures.com/treasure-hunt-kids-guide/
- Want extra help coming up with the riddles, or even locations? This site is fantastic for making riddles and clues that won’t be too easy: http://www.treasure.run/#
You also could task some on your team to write a second skit for each week. There are tons of opportunities and ideas for writing additional sketches for these two characters, but we didn’t include more because the service is already so full. That doesn’t mean that you couldn’t!
- Check with the congregation to see if you could borrow any huge stuffed animals, small teepees or tents, or black or green ropes (use them as vines).
- Borrow as much fake foliage as you can from the storage areas at the church, or as a neighboring church that you have an established relationship with if they have any that you could borrow.
- If you want to go all out, check if anyone in the congregation has a large bird (like a parrot or cockatoo) or a monkey who would be willing to bring it to church early each week this month. You might be surprised at some of the connections your church members have!
- Find other room decorating ideas by searching online for pics of jungle room decor, desert room decor,
- Or check with your team! The may have some ingenious ideas from God for you to use!
- Week 1: Fear & Your Words are Powerful! (10 Spies & Jericho)
- Week 2: Making the Tough Decision, Even when it’s Hard (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego)
The skit references clowns being “scary” – if you have a clown costume, it could be funny to have someone come out as a clown immediately that skit, or surprise the actual team doing the skit. 🙂
- Week 3: Live by God’s Directions (Samson)
- Week 4: A Life in Christ (12 Spies/Promised Land)
- There are a lot of potential object lessons in this sermon – a lamp, a lightbulb, rechargeable batteries, and weight loss pics are all part of the lesson. The sermons talks about the 12 spies that toured the promise land, but it may be effective to act this out.
NEXT MONTH: You’ll either do the Summer Series, the Christmas Series, or start YEAR 4!!! Crazy!!!