Christmas Undercover – A new release from the Kid Nation Curriculum!
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! It’s time to decorate your room for Christmas! The theme is like a combination between a detective show, a kids’ Christmas and the PBS Kids show, Odd Squad. Your teachers will be leading the kids to discover how much of the real Christmas story has been replaced by made up or other cute stories. All month long your team will be uncovering the real story of Christmas!
(Watching a few episodes of Odd Squad may help you understand the premise of this series. CLICK HERE)
Week 1: The Truth about the Beginning:
Zechariah, John the Baptist, Mary and Joseph
- You’ll need a book that you can use for the whole month as a prop – Chapter 1 is missing, and it contains all the true details of Jesus’ birth. A Bible would work, but it would be better to be an old book without a title on the front – you may be able to find one at your local thrift store or you could use one like this from AMAZON.
Week 2: The Truth about the Angels:
appearing to Mary, Joseph, Shepherds
- Nothing extra needed this week, other than you’ll have to edit the clues, so that they point kids to places or items in your room.
Week 3: The REAL Christmas Story:
Trip to Bethlehem Birth, brief mention of Shepherds, Temple Prophesies
- Again, no extra purchases needed – just editing the clues to best work for you!
Week 4: The Truth about the Wise Men: Also, God’s Plan of Salvation & Party
Want to add on the trading cards with the Memory Verse, themed to match this series?
CLICK HERE to check them out!
- Check with the congregation to see if you could borrow any Christmas items, such as outdoor characters, Christmas trees, and of course, lights.
- Use your imagination and creativity, or let the creative ones on your team release their creative design powers all over the room.
- And don’t forget to post a picture on the Kid Nation facebook page – we and the other locations would love to see how you transformed your room!
You’ll want a fun Christmas song to do at the beginning of each service. There are a TON of kids’ Christmas lyric videos available; pick one that you think your kids will love! Yancy and Amber Sky Records have some great ones, but they are not on YouTube. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
Also, Weeks 2 – 4 of this series have an extra worship song included (so you’ll do three songs instead of the normal two). The bonus song is from LifeChurch.tv – We Lift You High. To download any of the versions they’ve created, CLICK HERE. (You’ll have to set up a free account, if you don’t have one already – their stuff is amazing!) The have the lyrics of the song as jpgs and ProPresenter files, as well as chord charts and just about everything you could imagine!
As for the other worship songs, it’s easy to replace them, if you want! Just click on the video on the slide, click delete on your keyboard, then drag in any song from your computer that you would like to use! Here’s a few we suggest: